Tuesday 13 December 2016

HELP: MacBook Air Keyboard Problem

Usually I would write some long introduction about the product and then the issue, however given how much frustration this is causing me I'll get straight to the point.

I have a 2011 13 inch MacBook Air running macOS Sierra, my problem is that randomly the

` 2 w s

keys stop working. They NEVER work when I boot up the computer (for password entry) but once I log in they seem to work fine. The problem with this issue is that I can't tell if it is hardware or software related. If I enable the keyboard viewer it shows no response from the keys when they aren't working.

The solution seems to be press the keys until they start responding again. Mouse keys and other accessibility features are disabled and the issue is present on both El Capitan and Sierra (although seems less frequent in El Cap. than Sierra (this is why I think the issue is software related).

The laptop has also had its battery replaced (by authorised repair shop) it is possible they may have damaged the keyboard?

Has anyone else encountered/solved this issue. Any help would be appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment